Are you struggling with tooth loss? Missing teeth can harm your oral health as well as damage your self-esteem and confidence. Full mouth dental implants are a popular and highly successful choice if you wish to restore your natural smile and boost your overall health in the process.
What are dental implants for missing teeth?
When a tooth is surgically removed, the root is taken out with it. Teeth implants replace the tooth root with a prosthetic one. Taking the form of titanium posts, implants are fitted into your jawbone and support false teeth in place of the root. The dental implant procedure can take anywhere between 3-9 months depending on the patient.
Why choose dental implants?
Dental implants are the only treatment that can prevent the deterioration of the jawbone. The implants preserve the bone and promote optimum oral health.
The danger of tooth loss
The main risk tooth loss poses is consequential bone loss. Your jawbone relies on the roots of your teeth to keep its form and density. When a tooth and its root are lost, the surrounding bone no longer has a purpose and begins to disappear. Moreover, once the initial surrounding bone is lost, the jawbone itself begins to fade away. Further than its aesthetic complications, significant bone loss can cause serious functional problems - especially in those missing full sets of teeth.
What are the effects of bone loss?
● Sagging cheeks and facial structure
● Lack of confidence
● Teeth function reduced
● Restriction from certain foods
● Increased bite pressure on remaining healthy teeth
● Reduced enjoyment eating
● Poor digestion
The benefits of dental implants
● Restores smile and face shape Your face can sag and droop without a full set of teeth. Dental Implants prevent bone loss and support your natural face shape and smile.
● Promotes oral health Cavities won’t be an issue with dental implants! You will, however, need to clean them as you would real teeth and visit your dentist for regular checkups.
● Protects healthy teeth Dental implants prevent your remaining teeth from shifting into empty spaces, which in turn causes crowding and leads to further dental complications.
● Restores bite You won’t be able to eat normally with an irregular bite. Malnutrition and digestive problems are therefore a common side effect of missing teeth. Dental implants provide your teeth with the strength and stability to eat a balanced and nutritious diet.
● Natural looking teeth Take back your natural smile! Dental implants give you the confidence to smile proudly and the ability to enjoy eating your favourite foods.
Interested in having dental implants to restore your smile? Simply book an appointment at Dulwich Dental Office today!