ORTHODONTICS SPECIALIST IN DULWICH, LONDON
Dulwich Dental Office is one of best-known orthodontic practices in East Dulwich, London. We make use of the latest technology with attentive personal care to help both children and adults to restore and maintain a natural, healthy smile. As such, patients across all age groups come to us for the wide range of modern orthodontic treatments that we provide.
What is Orthodontics?
Orthodontics is a special branch of dentistry concerned with the prevention and cure of various irregularities of the jaws and teeth. Most orthodontic treatments make use of custom-made braces to cure these dental conditions. An expert who handles such cases and provides the necessary treatments is called an orthodontist. These experts have to master specific techniques and skill sets beyond the standard curriculum of dental training. Modern orthodontics caters to aspects of aesthetic appeal and practical functionality, teeth alignment and teeth straightening.
When would you need orthodontic treatments?
Orthodontic treatments become necessary if you have any of the following problems:
- Crowded or badly spaced teeth.
- Extra or missing teeth (A condition called hypodontia).
- Irregularly positioned teeth or ectopic teeth.
- Decay or chronic disease of the gums.
- Abnormalities caused by thumb sucking.
- Dental trauma.
- Premature loss of baby teeth.
What are the benefits of orthodontic treatment?
- Improved aesthetic appearance, a more beautiful smile with a boost to self-esteem.
- Teeth straightening reduces the chances of cavities and gum disease.
- Correcting teeth alignment improves bite.
- Lessening the risk of accidental injury for protruding teeth.
- Eliminating any excessive stress on the jaw.
In addition to the factors mentioned above, orthodontic treatments prepare your teeth to undergo any restorative care that may be necessary in the future.
What is the range of your orthodontic treatment?
At Dulwich Dental Office, we offer a wide and impressive range of orthodontic treatments to cater to all your dental needs. Our treatments include:
- Invisalign braces: The invisalign braces treatment, offers an almost invisible way to straighten the teeth. This will be subject to the what is recommended for you after thorough examination.
- Six month smiles: As one of the latest orthodontic treatments, Six Month Smiles is gaining popularity. It works by moving your teeth to a better alignment in, on average, 6 months. The treatment makes use of clear braces and is suitable for those, who want to achieve a beautiful smile, fast.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Orthodontics
Back to Specialist Treatments Back to Home
- Q. Is there a maximum age for orthodontic treatment?
With modern orthodontic dentistry offering so many options you will never be too old for some form of orthodontic treatment.
- Q. What’s the ideal age for children to undergo orthodontic treatment?
Ideally you should take your child for orthodontic treatments as soon as a you notice a problem. There’s no ideal age as such although some parents prefer to wait until children are over 7 years of age.
- Q. As a patient, what can I expect at your clinic on my first visit?
You will have a thorough examination by our expert, from which a comprehensive report will be prepared outlining your problems, the suggested treatment, detailed costing and easy payment plan options.
- Q. I have heard that orthodontic treatment is time-consuming. Is it true?
Different orthodontic treatments are accomplished in different lengths of time. Your treatment duration will be confirmed after you have undergone a thorough clinical examination. The average duration of a treatment, however, is between 12 to 18 months.