Ideal Candidates for Teeth Straightening with 6 Months Smiles
A large number of adults in the UK dislike their smile. They become self-conscious while laughing or speaking. The reason behind their problem is they feel they should’ve straighter teeth. Modern dentistry offers state-of-the-art teeth straightening with braces for both children and adults alike. Yet, the majority of adults shy away from availing such treatments.
In this background, it is crucial to discuss one of the latest orthodontic treatments called 6 months smiles.
- An introduction: 6 months smiles is a clear braces treatment. It’s uniquely designed to straighten your front teeth within the span of 6 months. The treatment uses a set of transparent aligners called clear braces. Considering the short duration, the treatment is also known as short-term orthodontics.
- Benefits: The cutting-edge orthodontic treatment not only caters to the cosmetic need of teeth straightening but also in correcting mild problems like overbite, underbite, crossbite and overcrowded teeth. Oral health experts prescribe six month smiles treatment even to patients who have gaps in between their adjacent teeth.
- Advantages: As already mentioned above, 6 months smile treatment works much faster than traditional braces. The treatment cost is also much lower than the one using conventional braces. In absence of any metallic wire or bracket, it offers greater comfort to patients. Most importantly, it is a discreet treatment, using clear aligners and tooth-coloured wires. The clear aligners slowly but surely move the patient’s teeth to correct their position using a much lesser amount of force.
Now that we have the basic information about the treatment, let’s discuss who the right candidates for the six months smile braces are.
- Ideal candidates for this modern teeth straightening treatment include both teenagers and adults, who want to improve their smile.
- According to a leading orthodontist in London, the treatment isn’t suitable for people with severe overbite, underbite or crossbite issues. (These people are usually more suitable for other orthodontic treatments like Invisalign.
The best person to judge the suitability of a patient for the short-term orthodontic treatment is an orthodontist himself. So, hurry up and book an appointment with our orthodontist at Dulwich Dental Office today.