COVID 19 Guides to Care for You and Others for Better Oral Health
Considering the present scenario, many people find the importance of maintaining personal hygiene habits all over the world. You should follow the advice like washing hands regularly with soap for at least 20 seconds or using hand sanitizer gel when it is not possible. One of the important things to consider is that doing these things and maintaining good hygiene will protect you as well as people who are around you. According to the Oral health foundation, go through this blog post to know about the advice that can help in the prevention of spreading or catching this coronavirus or COVID-19
- Do not share toothbrush with anyone – Despite how close you might be with your loved ones or whatever is the reason, you should not share your toothbrush with anyone. This is one of the ways why blood-borne infections and viruses may get caught from others. Due to this reason, you need to be sure that the heads of the brush should also be kept apart wherever all the brushes of your family members are there.
- Close the toilet lid before you need to flush – It is extremely important to know where you actually keep the toothbrush. If you store the brush somewhere near the time, then make sure every time anyone flushes, some of the spray will fly out from the toilet and they may land on the toothbrush. According to the research, the virus may be transmitted through faecal matter. Make sure you keep your toothbrush at a safe distance from the toilet or close the lid before you decide to flush.
- Change your brush in every two to three months – It is essential to change your toothbrush once in every two to three months. You can even do so a bit earlier in case the bristles have already become frayed out. This ensures you are actually brushing your teeth properly. Even a worn brush cannot perform the actual job it really needs to do. It is advised to change your brush regularly as this can prevent the spread of bacteria. In case you have had coronavirus disease or you suspect of being infected, make sure you get a new toothbrush right away.
- Visit the dentist for your routine checkups – It is necessary to conduct regular checkups by fixing emergency dentist appointment so that you can keep your mouth in good condition. During this uncertain period, it is always a good decision to check your mouth properly before you fix any appointments with the dentist.Make sure you schedule your appointment in advance, as it can either get delayed or canceled. This is mainly for the safety purpose of both the staffs and the patients. Emergency treatment might be there but there are other routine procedures too that may get delayed due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Clean your bathroom regularly – The bathroom is where you keep your toothbrushes, towels, intimate items and flannels. It is also the right place where you go to clean yourself properly. Due to these obvious reasons, it is extremely important that the bathroom surface is cleaned daily with a bleach-based cleaning product.
- Make sure you do the basic works daily – Your oral health should be your top-most priority all the time. Apart from seeing your local dentist for routine checkups, make sure you perform daily habits that will enable you to have a clean and healthy mouth. Make sure you brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and floss daily to keep your mouth completely dirt-free. Drink sufficient amount of water and reduce the intake of sugary foods and drinks to prevent further attack of infections and diseases in your mouth. Make sure you clean properly in between your teeth and use mouthwash to avoid the formation of bacteria in the mouth.
If you want to maintain good oral health, hygiene, and overall well-being, it is necessary to take precautionary measures to protect ourselves as well as our near and dear ones from this deadly virus. Thus, if you are having crooked or misaligned teeth make sure you see our advice for Invisalign patients to get the best results from your Invisalign during the lockdown.